These are important moments and memories in my life from the time I entered first grade, to college and to today.

San Antonio College has been a remarkable journey.

My main teaching assignment was Introduction to Mass Communications, an introductory course required of all journalism majors. So, over the 28 years I was at SAC I have had students who have gone on to successful careers in media work.  See Former students and Legacy, the exes newsletter.

Dub Daugherty and I worked to establish a summer workshop for high school students, the Urban Journalism Workshop at San Antonio College and its publication, You S.A., which was active until 2013, and we established a speakers series in 1978 to honor Edith Fox King, the former chair of the department.  
The series has brought many outstanding media people to speak on campus, including two Pulitzer Prize photographers who were former students. 

About that same time, I bought my house (above) in Northeast San Antonio at 408 Pike Road, a two-bedroom, one-bath once owned by a Secretary of Agriculture whose daughter and son-in-law owned the house next door. 

The two properties were separated before I bought my house. The house has seen good times -- a party after a wedding, for example.  I have had housemates from time to time, one dog and now my feline love, Katie (above left), and a big black buddy named Mister (above right on his outside perch).