These are important moments and memories in my life from the time I entered first grade, to college and to today.

Law school at UT turned out to be different from dream.

Three years at PHS and I was off to the University of Texas School of Law to work toward my dream. 

But it turned out to be more of a nightmare.

Classes in the law school were the most intense I had known. 

In Contracts, grown men were reduced to tears by Professor Oberor's interrogation techniques. 

In a Properties class one day, I was unprepared when Professor Fritz called on me to brief a case. "I'm sorry, sir, I'm not prepared," I said. He frowned and went on to the next victim.

About 15 minutes later, he called on me again. I had a fairly good excuse, but I did not bother to give it. 

Actually, I had a darned reasonable excuse for not doing well in the academics side of the law school experience. 

During the year and a half I attended law school, I worked three meals a day as a waiter at Scottish Rite Dormitory for women and afternoons at a law office. At night for awhile, I was the "Night Bite" man, traveling to fraternities and sororities selling sandwiches and drinks in a particularly demeaning fashion -- knocking on the door and shouting "Night Bites." 


Finally, one morning in the spring semester of the second year, I just rolled over and said, "Enough is enough." 

And I withdrew from school.